Biographical Text for Promos
Award-winning Massachusetts songwriter, artist/art educator, and sourdough breadsmith; Ric was hooked by the Boston acoustic music resurgence of the 80’s, as well as Canadian, Celtic & British fingerstyle players. He spent his college years in echoing stairwells throughout Boston, honing his guitar skills (phrasing, tunings, and frailing) long before emerging as a songwriter.
In 2014, after attending a song retreat on Cape Cod, he finished his first song ‘Take It All In’ – the title track of his debut CD – garnering attention at open mics in Southeastern MA, Cape Cod, and Rhode Island. Four years and dozens of songs later, his music placed him as a finalist in two national songwriting competitions, featured sets across New England, and opening slots for Archie Fisher, Susan Cattaneo, The Lied-To’s and Abbie Gardner.
Ric’s writing invites the listener into carefully illustrated narratives of love, loss, renewal and forgiveness with the eye of a visual artist, immersed in a New England sensibility.
"Ric’s ability to listen, absorb, interpret, and deliver just gets better and better. He has come so far in the last couple of years and developed into an artist I love to listen to."
– David Roth, touring folk musician
"I can't decide whether my favorite part of Ric's performance was hearing his delightfully vibrant voice, or hearing his amazing songs: he's the whole package! Definitely on a level of talent equal to some of our established artists--can't wait to have him back! I've already sent his name around to my peers!"
– Ellen Sturgis; Executive Director of Amazing Things Arts Center, Framingham, MA
"Listening to Ric Allendorf's music is like reconnecting with an old friend. His sound is instantly familiar, his lyrics thoughtful, his melodies pulling you in. From lyrical tinges of life in New England to images of hope, Ric's music is uplifting, his songs offering a bit of comfort from any storm that life might be throwing your way."
– Stephen Ide; Artistic Director, Rose Garden Coffeehouse, Mansfield, MA
Contact & Booking
or use the online form here:
• Finalist in the 2018 CT Folk Festival & Green Expo auditions
• Finalist in the 2017 Rhode Island Songwriters Association (RISA) Performing Songwriter Competition
• Finalist in the 2017 Rose Garden Coffeehouse Performing Songwriter Competition, Mansfield, MA
• Winner of the 2017 Open Mic Challenge at the Spire Center for Performing Arts in Plymouth, MA